PDA

View Full Version : Group Selection Capability in Detail Callouts?

josh.made4worship
2008-09-30, 03:45 PM
Okay,

Does anyone know off hand if Revit, for some reason, would limit a users ability to select a group within a Detail Callout? For example, I am wanting to use Detail Callouts for my Unit Plans, which are groups, because I can create "Detail Group types for the Project Browser, which for some reason we can't do with Floor Plan Callouts.

But when I create the callout and go to the view, I can't "hover" over the group and select it as usual. I don't get the blue dashed box around the group. Revit obviously still knows the objects are associated to a group, cause when I try to move one of them, it let's me perform the command, but nothing actually moves. I also still get the group indicator icon that comes up when you select an object within a group.

I tried this with a regular "Floor Plan" Callout and the group was selectable immediately. Any ideas?

Scott Womack
2008-09-30, 05:21 PM
Okay,

Does anyone know off hand if Revit, for some reason, would limit a users ability to select a group within a Detail Callout? For example, I am wanting to use Detail Callouts for my Unit Plans, which are groups, because I can create "Detail Group types for the Project Browser, which for some reason we can't do with Floor Plan Callouts.

I do not believe you can. There are other significant differences between a plan callout and a detail callout. As far as unit plans go, I duplicated the floor plan, changed its scale, then made series of Dependant views, changing the crop region for each type of unit (Its a college dorm). Then these can be placed on a sheet.

The second trick is to make a level that is well above or below all other levels, and place your groups on that. Then create a workset that is off by default, and change the groups, and the level line in that workset. Then create a plan off of that level and turn that workset on in that plan.;)

josh.made4worship
2009-01-28, 05:03 AM
I do not believe you can. There are other significant differences between a plan callout and a detail callout. As far as unit plans go, I duplicated the floor plan, changed its scale, then made series of Dependant views, changing the crop region for each type of unit (Its a college dorm). Then these can be placed on a sheet.

The second trick is to make a level that is well above or below all other levels, and place your groups on that. Then create a workset that is off by default, and change the groups, and the level line in that workset. Then create a plan off of that level and turn that workset on in that plan.;)
Scott,

You posted a reply to my message a while back now...thanks!...i just looked at it...

Anyway, I don't get what you are saying/why you would do what you said in the second paragraph of your reply. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

Scott Womack
2009-01-28, 12:05 PM
Scott,

You posted a reply to my message a while back now...thanks!...i just looked at it...

Anyway, I don't get what you are saying/why you would do what you said in the second paragraph of your reply. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

IF the first or lowest level of your building is at 100', then make a level at minus 500 feet and place the groups on that level to work with. Since that time, it appears that this will work, but will require some filtering in the schedules to ensure there is not "doubling up of doors, etc.

Another way would be to save the groups out to file, and then link them back in for detail notations, etc.