PDA

View Full Version : AREA Plan boundries

edamaso
2008-09-30, 05:10 PM
I am trying to create an area plan on a floor plan that I have recently modified. When I go to place my area object with the area tag, the object detects old boundries that aren't current. Is there a way to remove these boundries and for the object to detect the most current area boundries? Please see attached image.

Thanks

dfriesen
2008-09-30, 05:20 PM
Go into your View Visibility, under Model Categories / Lines, make sure Area Boundary is turned on. That's what determines an Area.

edamaso
2008-09-30, 06:16 PM
I have tried this ( see attached image), but the only thing this does is make the are visible (yellow). I still am unable to delete the boundries.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-09-30, 06:24 PM
Make sure you are not trying to modify an existing area scheme by modifying existing are aboundaries. What I mean is, if you still need those 'old' areas and want to create a new set of boundaries you will need to create a new area scheme.

If all you want is to modify the existing boundaries then you should be able to do that from the area plan view. Be sure to check and see if they are pinned objects.

dfriesen
2008-09-30, 06:25 PM
No, you need to turn on the Area Boundary lines, not the Area objects. Check under Model Categories / Lines, as shown attached.

edamaso
2008-09-30, 06:45 PM
I am trying to modify the existing gross building area plan and these areas are still showing up. It doesn't seem to be the visibility settings at all. I could just create a new area scheme, but I find it odd that I can't modify these old areas in my plan. Thank you for all you help!!!

jeffsaunders
2008-10-07, 09:01 PM
I am also having this issue copying area boundaries from an old scheme to a new scheme. The boundary lines paste, but then immediately disappear. However, I can add an area and it will detect the mysteriously non-visible lines???

rkreisler.130845
2008-11-18, 01:52 AM
I'm having the same problem. My walls were merely moved, but my area boundary does not update. I drew in a new area boundary and when I delete the old area to assign a new area, the new area still wants to report the old area boundary where the old walls used to be. I didn't even create new walls - all I did was move my original walls. Very frustrating...