PDA

View Full Version : Web Update 2, Installation Error

saeborne
2008-09-30, 06:32 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the 2009, web update 2. I keep getting this error message. I persists through a restart.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

The same installer file worked flawlessly for my co-worker's machine. Obviously, I have write access to my own C drive. Can't figure this one out.

Scott D Davis
2008-09-30, 07:31 PM
Did you orginally install from a download or a CD? If from a download, and then you deleted the folder where Revit temporarily stores the install info, you will ge that error. (it is a C:\Temp folder, so maybe you deleted the contents of this Temp folder?) If from a CD, then you will need to insert the CD originally installed from for the install to work.

All of this is documented in the ReadMe file that is posted on the dwonload site. You will need to reinstall the base program from a download up to a point where it actually copies all the files to the c:\temp folder again, and then cancel the install. Then run the WU2 update again so it can find the MSI file.

saeborne
2008-09-30, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Scott.

I ultimately got it to work. I had to run a search for "Autodesk Revit.msi" and then manually point the WU_2 installer to that location.

One of the enclosing folders had a different name, because I installed from the Web Update 1 file.