PDA

View Full Version : PLOT SPOOLING ADDRESS

okonforti
2004-09-28, 05:41 PM
HI, I USE A PLOT SPOOL PROGRAM TO PLOT AND IF I START IT WITHIN AUTOCAD (WITH THE SHELL COMMAND) IT OPENS UP IN THE LAST PLOT FOLDER I PLOTTED AND NOT IN THE FOLDER I'M WORKING ON AT THE TIME. ALSO IF I TYPE START AND THEN COMMAND THE DOS WINDOW OPENS UP WITH THE SAME OLD FOLDER ADDRESS AND NOT THE ONE I'M IN .
IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE THAT ADDRESS? SO I CAN START THE SPOOL PROGRAM AND IT WILL OPEN IN THE RIGHT FOLDER ????
PLEASE HELP !
THANKS

Mike.Perry
2004-09-28, 09:57 PM
Hi

First thing, it's best not to shout (please turn off the "Caps Lock" when composing a post).

What Spool program are you using?

Is the Spool program written by yourself or a third-party?

If a third-party have you tried contacting them?

Have a good one, Mike

okonforti
2004-10-07, 03:17 PM
Hi Mike,
The caps are just from cad to web....thanks for your reply,
The program for the plotter was written by someone who does not work here no more ...long time ago.
It looks like a nice program but there is no one to contact. I do think it is possible to work around it, i'm just not familiar with dos commands...
If I will be able to type "start" and enter and have the cmd window open with the right address (the address of the folder of the file I'm currently working on) I will be able to use it. I think the address that appears is the address of the last folder used and not neccesary the one I'm in.
If you have an idea how to get it to open with the current address and not the recent one it will be graet.

thanks again for your time,

Mike.Perry
2004-10-14, 09:08 PM
If I will be able to type "start" and enter and have the cmd window open with the right address (the address of the folder of the file I'm currently working on) I will be able to use it. I think the address that appears is the address of the last folder used and not neccesary the one I'm in.
If you have an idea how to get it to open with the current address and not the recent one it will be graet.
Hi

No worries on the CAPS, was just a general comment....

If you're using Windows XP the following might be of some help -

<snip>
Open Command Window Here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/CmdHerePowertoySetup.exe

This PowerToy adds an "Open Command Window Here" context menu option on file system folders. This gives users a quick way to open a command window (cmd.exe) pointing at the selected folder. After installation, right click on the folder you would like to have a quick launch command window for and select "Open Command Window Here."
</snip>

Have a good one, Mike