PDA

View Full Version : Fill Pattern Import Scale

saeborne
2008-10-01, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

Please see the attached image. Is there anyway to change this value, after I've imported a fill patern from a .PAT file?

Do I have to delete and re-import the .PAT? Any other work around?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Jun Austria
2008-10-01, 02:08 PM
Hi all,

Please see the attached image. Is there anyway to change this value, after I've imported a fill patern from a .PAT file?

Do I have to delete and re-import the .PAT? Any other work around?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Re: How do I bring in hatch paterns from cad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the help file.

Click Settings menuFill Patterns.
In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
Click New.
If you are creating a drafting fill pattern, select how to orient the fill pattern in the host layers. See Fill Pattern Host Orientation for details.
In the New Pattern dialog, select Custom.
Click Import.
Select the desired pattern file (PAT), and click Open. See Custom Pattern Files for information on creating a custom pattern (PAT) file.
NoteDefault Revit Architecture fill patterns are stored in the revit.pat and revit metric.pat files in the Revit Architecture program group Data directory. The revit metric.pat file contains various metric masonry and iso patterns.
Click the menu next to Import to view the list of available patterns. Select a pattern from the list.
If desired, enter a new name for Name.
If desired, enter a value for Import scale.
Click OK twice.

Revit Architecture SME/Technical Writer
Autodesk AEC User Experience Team
Manchester, NH

Just saw this on the other post by Jeff. Note the last two lines.

saeborne
2008-10-01, 02:55 PM
Thank you for giving me a clip from the help file, which frankly, doesn't answer my question.

I know how to import the pattern, and how to set the import scale.

The question is... Once the pattern has already been imported, is there an easy way to go back and adjust the import scale value?

Bryan

Re: How do I bring in hatch paterns from cad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the help file.

Click Settings menuFill Patterns.
In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
Click New.
If you are creating a drafting fill pattern, select how to orient the fill pattern in the host layers. See Fill Pattern Host Orientation for details.
In the New Pattern dialog, select Custom.
Click Import.
Select the desired pattern file (PAT), and click Open. See Custom Pattern Files for information on creating a custom pattern (PAT) file.
NoteDefault Revit Architecture fill patterns are stored in the revit.pat and revit metric.pat files in the Revit Architecture program group Data directory. The revit metric.pat file contains various metric masonry and iso patterns.
Click the menu next to Import to view the list of available patterns. Select a pattern from the list.
If desired, enter a new name for Name.
If desired, enter a value for Import scale.
Click OK twice.

Revit Architecture SME/Technical Writer
Autodesk AEC User Experience Team
Manchester, NH

Just saw this on the other post by Jeff. Note the last two lines.

cliff collins
2008-10-01, 03:52 PM
I do not see the attachment, but---
you can control the scale when importing choose Custom,
and you can control scale of pattern--it's a bit of trial and error to get exactly
what you need---there should be a preview window which shows scaled pattern.

cheers.....

Scott Womack
2008-10-01, 04:16 PM
Once the pattern has already been imported, is there an easy way to go back and adjust the import scale value?

Bryan

You can edit the pattern, and then just re-import the pattern again, using a different scaling factor. You don't have to erase it. Re-importing even without changing the name will effectively update the pattern in the revit file.

Jun Austria
2008-10-01, 11:53 PM
Thank you for giving me a clip from the help file, which frankly, doesn't answer my question.

I know how to import the pattern, and how to set the import scale.

The question is... Once the pattern has already been imported, is there an easy way to go back and adjust the import scale value?

Bryan

Unfortunately, no. This feature I'm so used to in AutoCAD is not included in Revit. The only workaround is re-import it again with a different scale value. This also the same case with Linetype.