PDA

View Full Version : propagate extents in a dependent views

JSM_HOME
2008-10-01, 02:05 PM
I'm doing a large projects with a lot of sheets. I 'm using dependant views to break a much larger view in to smaller views. I would like to position my grids lines in one dependent view and then use the propagate extents command to propagate the position of the grids in the other dependent views however the Revit will not allow me to do that. Is there another way?
Otherwise ,I have to go to each dependent view and position grids manually

Scott D Davis
2008-10-01, 02:49 PM
Look into Scope Boxes. Scope Boxes will control grids and levels and crop regions, and allow you to adjust one Scope Box to make changes to many views. Scope Boxes get assigned to the views in View Properties, so they only affect the views you want them to.

JSM_HOME
2008-10-01, 03:10 PM
I am using scope boxes to control my views and I thought they control the grids also. But for some reason when you create a dependent views the rules don't apply. I even tried apply the scope boxe to the grids under elements properties and it did not work.

Jos Arpink
2008-10-22, 01:08 PM
This was perplexing for me as well and I was able to find a few posts that explained this behaviour. It boils down to the fact that the 3D extents of the grids need to be entirely within the crop region in order for propagate extents to work as expected. Steve_Stafford is a guru on this stuff...search some of his posts for more info.