PDA

View Full Version : moving a sweep

woethesinner
2004-09-28, 06:50 PM
Hey guys.
I am having serious problems gettings a straight sweep of a circle to move verticaly. It moves fine horizontaly but it always gives me a constraint error when I try to move it verticaly using a reference plane or a dimension paraeter. Has anyone seen this before?

Thnk you in advance.

aggockel50321
2004-09-28, 07:07 PM
Not sure if I understand your question. Is a "straight sweep of a circle" is a circular column or a donut?

Are you creating this in the family editor or as an in-place family?

tatjana.dzambazova
2004-09-28, 09:06 PM
if you could post a .rvt with your attempt maybe we can better undrestand what you need to do?

ajayholland
2004-09-28, 11:10 PM
With certain in place families I've found that, when they cannot be moved along a certain axis, they can be copied in that direction. Alternatively, try cutting and pasting from the clipboard.

~AJH

sohocad
2004-09-29, 02:15 AM
try holding down the 'Ctrl'+'Shift' keys while moving....

Martin P
2004-09-29, 07:26 AM
For an in place Family - pick the disjoin button once you halve selected move, it will let you move anything freely away from the plane you drew it on. (just found this recently myself)

sbrown
2004-09-29, 02:04 PM
When you create a sweep path, that path is created on a work plane, therefore you cannot move the object off that plane without "disjoining" it from that plane. Or edit the sketch of the profile and move it up the distance you want, then finish sketch. If you are using a loading profile, then just pick the item(in the edit family mode) and click properties and there is a vertical offset property you can set. Becareful copying/mirroring in-place families, they aren't meant to be used for multiple instances.

Andre Baros
2004-09-29, 02:15 PM
Can we more this one to tips and tricks, I had no idea that you could disjoin a profile from the path is was drawn on.

Martin P
2004-09-29, 02:22 PM
Try a rotate with disjoin picked 8)