PDA

View Full Version : Revit Training in ATP

Beth Powell
2004-09-28, 08:24 PM
For those of you not familiar with the AUGI ATP program, it is a free training program held here on the AUGI site under the Education tab at the top. The courses are offered once a month and are 3 weeks in length. They are downloadable .pdf files that you can read and try on your on time on your own computer. There is a special forum that you can attend when you register that is only open to the students signed up for that particular course. That allows instructor/student interaction.

I have been pushing to have a Revit course on their every month. So far, we've had no volunteers. If you'd like to teach a course, you just need to submit some basic information and write three lessons with screen captures. You can email a request for an information packet by emailing team-atp@augi.com.

I'm posting this poll to see what types of courses you'd like to see as Revit users. Feel free to list specifics here in the forum.

Come on guys! Let's show them how strong we are!

cmahoney
2004-09-28, 08:41 PM
Are you aware of the Autodesk Revit Distance Learning (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3623401&linkID=3770380) seminars?

Merlin
2004-09-28, 10:08 PM
I haven't tried one of these yet, and I'm certainly looking forward to having a go! As I'm the only person I know (not in cyber-space) who uses REVIT, it's hard to know what level my knowledge is at. I think that REVIT's tutorials (through its 'help' functions) together with its user-friendly interface, mean that the basics are pretty much covered before someone comes into something like this.
However, having said that, for people like myself who are self-taught, you never know when something seen as a basic, is not picked up. So I think there is still a need for all levels of education exchange in forums like this.

OK...enough rambling?
John Mc

Beth Powell
2004-09-29, 02:37 AM
I have attended almost all of the Revit training seminars and they are great.

sbrown
2004-09-29, 02:20 PM
They are truely great when you are first starting to use revit and then again after you've stumbled. I found that I took each class at least once and many of them 2 or 3 times. The instructors are very clear and easy to follow. If you are a beginer to revit they will speed up your learning curve. If you have used revit by trial and error, they may open your eyes to easier ways of working.