PDA

View Full Version : Changing title block families

patricks
2008-10-02, 08:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out a faster way to change title block families in sheet views, either by selecting multiple views and changing it through the sheet's view properties, or through a schedule. To do so would require (I think) some sort of shared instance parameter that makes the title block family used in a sheet view appear in that sheet view's instance parameters.

Would it be possible to do something like this? As it is now, I have to manually open each and every view if I need to change the title block. Of course this usually only happens because I need to switch from a preliminary title block to one with a scanned image of a signed stamp. And since I can't set visibility parameters for scanned images, I have to do it as separate families.

*edit* being able to have the "Appears in Drawing List" sheet view parameter appear in a schedule would really be helpful, also.

Scott D Davis
2008-10-02, 08:45 PM
Right click on one titleblock in project, pick select all instances, then select new titleblock from the type selector pull-down. All titleblocks of that type change at one.

patricks
2008-10-02, 08:48 PM
DOH!!! duhh I use select all instances all the time for other things. Don't know why I didn't think of that for title blocks. :mrgreen:

atbergma
2008-10-03, 03:13 AM
You can put a visibility parameter on a scanned image if you first put it in its own family, make that family shared, and load it into your title block. You can put the visibility parameter on the seal family.