PDA

View Full Version : Showing a DPC on a wall

Davied2
2004-09-29, 07:40 AM
In my office when we show a proposed elevation of a building we always show a thickened hidden (dotted) line usually 150mm above the ground level to represent where the DPC and Finished floor level is within the building.

At present I am showing this by having a line running around the outside of my cavity wall in plan at a 100mm offset from the finished face of the wall, therefore the hidden line will show up in elevation in front of my brick coursing.

Unfortunately this line shows up in plan and I have to adjust my cut plane bottom to avoid showing this external line around my building, I have tried placing the hidden line on top of the wall at exterior side but the line goes behind the surface patten of the brickwork when printed.

How do others show DPC in elevation ? I am wondering if I could include it by editing my wall profile.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

The Welshman

aggockel50321
2004-09-29, 12:53 PM
If you have set up this line as a new subcategory in the Settings/Line Styles dialog, you can go to the view/visibility dialog in your plan view (or any other view), find your new line category, and turn it off.