PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate View

roy.70844
2004-09-29, 11:10 AM
Hello everybody,
Does anyone know why I can't duplicate my elevations with detailing like I can with my floor plans. Has anybody got a workaround that does not need to cut/paste any detailing or annotation as this is a PITA. The situation is that I (or actually a 'friend') has created an elevation and drawn in some detailing to represent existing stuff rather than create complex window families. We now want to duplicate the view WITH it's detailing intact. We have tried copying the elevation object then copy/paste into the elevation but the 'copy to same place' option does not work.

One for the wishlist?

Roy.
3 Ways Design Ltd. UK

aggockel50321
2004-09-29, 12:12 PM
I believe the way you proceed is to go to a plan view, highlight the elevation tag representing the elevation you want to copy, use the Revit copy command to make a copy of it.

This will produce a duplicate elevation less the detailing. Then go to the original elevation, copy the detailing into the clipboard, then go to the new elevation, & paste it in.

roy.70844
2004-09-29, 03:24 PM
Thanks Andrew. My mistake was creating an elevation from the view-new-elevation command so I guess the "same place" coordinates are not valid.

I still think it would be nice to have a duplicate with detailing 'cos Revit does so much so good it is easy to get lazy and find copy/paste just such hard work!!!!!

Roy