PDA

View Full Version : 3D View frustrations

patricks
2008-10-06, 03:15 PM
I've been getting pretty irritated over the past few days about the total lack of functionality of almost EVERYTHING in Revit while in a perspective 3D view. About half the menus at the top have nearly everything grayed out while in a 3D view. Today I was working on placing a decal on a wall for rendering, and while most of the Settings categories are available, one of the few NOT available while in a 3D view is Decal Settings! I can't even click to open a recent project while in a 3D view, or create a new schedule or anything. Maddening!

Can anyone from the factory shed some light on why this is the case?

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 03:30 PM
Isn't it the "focus" thing again? I mean, if you click in the project browser while in a perspective view, you will see that all becomes functional again. Maybe because your focus wasn't in the project browser, all is grayed out...

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-10-06, 06:24 PM
Nope, not a focus issue.

Try it for yourself in a 3D perspective view. I even selected an object in a 3D perspective view, then went up to the menus at the top and most everything was still grayed out.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 06:57 PM
Nope, not a focus issue.

Try it for yourself in a 3D perspective view. I even selected an object in a 3D perspective view, then went up to the menus at the top and most everything was still grayed out.

Hmm.. I just tested again Patrick. While in a perspective view, if you click anywhere in the project browser, the menus become available (including recent files, Decal types, etc...). Unless this is not what you meant.

See attached.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-10-07, 01:19 PM
Okay, didn't know about clicking in the Project Browser. I still don't understand why that's necessary, because everything is available in any non-perspective view even when the focus is on the view window.

I also hate that you can't do any kind of editing other than changing element properties while in a perspective view.

samov
2008-10-07, 09:25 PM
We all do... i even got this 3D thing as a feature request last year... this axo saga must end. :)