PDA

View Full Version : Callout Tag background

hakancete
2008-10-06, 04:20 PM
Is there a way to make Callout Tag's background opaque so it can block whatever on the background. I edited one by applying Masking region and Filled region, but it doesn't carry that to the file when I upload it.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure if that's what you want, but if yes, it is possible.

See attached.

Andre Carvalho

hakancete
2008-10-06, 05:02 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted, but how did you do it. Thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 05:13 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted, but how did you do it. Thanks.

Nothing special. Just edited the callout head and added a masking region to it. If you reverse engineer my tag you will see it.

Andre Carvalho

hakancete
2008-10-06, 05:38 PM
I tried same thing but somehow my masking region doesn't show up when I load the tag to the project!!!

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 05:52 PM
It's hard to say. Post your family and we can take a look at what went wrong with it.

Andre Carvalho

hakancete
2008-10-06, 06:14 PM
Here it is, thanks for keeping up.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 06:25 PM
Here it is, thanks for keeping up.

Your callout tag is working fine! Probably you just forgot to change the callout head being used by the callout and change it to be the one you loaded. To do that, go to Settings > View Tags > Callout Tags > Callout Head > Change it to be yours.

See your callout head being used in the attached image.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-10-06, 06:28 PM
Tags with masking region backgrounds would not work correctly in wireframe views, right? We often set site plan views to wireframe, especially those that shown previous and new topo grading. And I know that masking regions drawn in a project do not mask anything in a wireframe view.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-06, 06:45 PM
Tags with masking region backgrounds would not work correctly in wireframe views, right? We often set site plan views to wireframe, especially those that shown previous and new topo grading. And I know that masking regions drawn in a project do not mask anything in a wireframe view.

That's true and also might be the case.

Andre Carvalho

hakancete
2008-10-06, 08:25 PM
Thanks Andre. I was thinking when I reload to project and overwrite existing will do the swap, but it was not really the case and even selecting from properties wasn't swaping either. So, I know now, I have to go through the Settings. Thanks again.

hakancete
2008-10-06, 08:43 PM
Okay, I resolved in the plan view, which my tag covers whatever below it. Why is not working in elevations, even I select same tag that I use for plan view? Any idea?