PDA

View Full Version : ACM / RPC error on Revit 64bit

Munkholm
2008-10-07, 08:36 AM
After installing Revit 64 bit, I´m getting an error:
"Unable to get the port number for the local ArchVision Content Manager"
Even though I´ve added the path the the ACM in render options...

Is anyone else experiencing this ? or better yet, anyone have a solution ? Thanks.

ws
2008-10-07, 10:43 AM
Just a thought - you could try disabling Windows Defender which may be blocking the port.

If you have administrator rights:
Start->All Programs->Windows Defender->Tools->Options
scroll down to Administrator options and uncheck box next to
'Use Windows Defender'

If you don't have any other sort of firewall and this solved the issue you would need to re-enable Defender but allowing the relevant port through.

mark.98140
2008-10-07, 11:06 AM
have been experiencing the same issue so will be keen to try the suggested solution.. especially as archvision has been suggesting that it is windows firewall/ security related.. tried turning off the firewall, so not sure if the suggestion will be any different. had some success with using the network connection option for rpc... though took ages as clearly it was searching the entire directory.

ws
2008-10-07, 11:31 AM
sorry, you're quite right - just having a 'senior moment' there :Oops: :roll:, Defender is anti-spyware but can occasionally block other things and so I have it disabled.

for ports you need to look at Windows Firewall.

I have it disabled as I have another firewall but it is supposedly more effective than the XP version, with outgoing program checking which may be something to do with your problems.

If enabled you can add Exceptions via the firewall icon in Control Panel, but if Windows Firewall was blocking a program it usually tells you.

Other security products could be doing the same thing if you have them installed.

Munkholm
2008-10-07, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the suggestions.

I´m pretty confident that it´s NOT a security issue though. Have tried disabeling all the security options (I´m the admin for network and servers also), and the fact that it was not an issue with Revit 32 bit, makes me think that it could be a programming issue in the 64 bit version ?

Are anyone succesfully using both Revit 64 bit, and ACM at local path ??

Munkholm
2008-10-07, 06:25 PM
How embarrassing :O), after calling Archvision, it turns out that the settings in Revit was wrong. I figured it should be set to “local” since it´s only installed at my computer, but NO… they told me to set it to “network” – and well… it WORKS ;-)

ws
2008-10-07, 06:35 PM
Excellent - useful to know as I am thinking of subscribing.

awilliams
2009-03-06, 07:39 PM
I'm trying to connect to our Archvision Content Manager server...by putting the IP address in etc. It eventually connects...but it takes upwards of 5 minutes! Anytime I want to change the content of an RPC family I have to wait...and wait...and wait.

Local connection is OK but all of my content is on the server!