PDA

View Full Version : fotoshapped beach house. (w.i.p. - as always)

brent1781
2003-08-11, 09:07 PM
We just began using revit (and are in DD) so I had to photoshop these or the clients would have ran away screaming. I hit it once with "watercolor". I'll post more images or info later if these generate any interest. -Brent

I'm required to mention: All images Copyright Meyer Scherer & Rockcastle Architects 2003

Martin P
2003-08-12, 10:41 AM
Watercolour filter has saved my life a few times too :lol: They look very good for early attempts (dont like your big logos though :? )

If you have Autocad, what we do here is to underlay the image with exported 2D linework from Revit over the top of the image in autocad. We have a Lisp routine called "freehand" which squiggles the lines and puts overlaps at the ends. You scale the image to the right size, and get the lines over the correct locations, it looks really good with watercoloured images gives it even more of a painted look..

Nelson V
2003-08-12, 05:37 PM
brentHoldman,

the watercolor look great!
where did you get those palm trees?

Martin P,

great tip i'll try it. do you have a image that you can show?

8)

Carl
2003-08-12, 09:02 PM
Martin, thanks for the AutoCAD overlay tip.
For those who want to try it the freehand lisp routine can be found here:
http://www.timesaversforcad.com/freestuff.htm it's free...
BTW, what is the best way to get 3d views from Revit to 2d linework?

hand471037
2003-08-12, 09:43 PM
Two very easy ways to get a 3D view from Revit to a 2D linework file is to either to place your 3D view on a sheet and then export that as a DWG (it will 'flatten' if I remember correctly), or to simply print your 3D view as a PDF. Photoshop & Illistrator can both open PDF's, while Illistrator can open DWG.

Carl
2003-08-13, 08:06 PM
Exporting the sheet to DWG works pretty well for getting 3D Views into AutoCAD the file even retains the Families as Layers so editing line weights will be a breeze.
In AutoCAD the View is a xref so you need to bind it and explode it to be able to run the Freehand Lisp Routine.

dm_wills1739
2003-08-16, 12:14 PM
>>where did you get those palm trees?<<

In the Accurender plant library there are palm trees you can set up in a plant family. They are not in the standard library.

I have made gum trees for my Aussie environment and they don't look half bad too mate! The AR Plant Editor is a pain to use, but once you "get" it, it works quite well.

LG

beegee
2003-08-16, 11:55 PM
Larry,

I gave up on the plant editor some time back, ( couldn't afford the time to learn it properly ). Sounds like I should revisit it.

If you feel like sharing your gum trees, .. .. that'd be bonza !

I have made gum trees for my Aussie environment and they don't look half bad too mate! The AR Plant Editor is a pain to use, but once you "get" it, it works quite well

funkman
2003-10-24, 03:19 AM
I would like to second and third and fourth that request for the gum trees