PDA

View Full Version : Copy sheets

KGC
2008-10-07, 07:11 PM
Is there really no workaround for this. I don't think i have loaded 9.1 yet, so please let me know if this is something that they took care of. We are working on another project where we will have a different set of plans for different scale or for different trades. For instance, we have a set of floor plans for the security planning, another one for life safety. It would be very nice if we could just copy a sheet.

Anyway to get around this, or an easy way to duplicate these and not have issues.

patricks
2008-10-07, 07:20 PM
Not sure what it is you're wanting to do. Every view has its own scale, and every view can only appear once on a sheet. That's how it's always been. If you need a view with a different scale, you'll need to duplicate it, either with or without detailing, and then change the scale.

Also version 9.1 was released back in 2006. The current version is Revit 2009 service pack 2. There are no longer any point releases between the main release each spring.

KGC
2008-10-07, 07:52 PM
Sorry i meant SP2

I want to be able to copy a sheet.

chodosh
2008-10-07, 08:24 PM
You're not the only one, but that would require copying all elements on the sheet, duplicating all views, appending all the different parameters that doing such an action affects... follow that spider web and while a very worthy wish list item, not nearly as simple as it sounds. Not yet, perhaps would be the PC answer, and maybe something to remember to keep asking for. :?

In the interim, I would suggest set up a master view (typically the Architectural discipline settings see everything) with the crop region and all annotations, all disciplines, then duplicate and use view templates to adjust the VG by Discipline...

HTH (a little),

LC