PDA

View Full Version : Tool palettes isses CAD 2008

mrakarees
2008-10-08, 11:22 AM
I am having problems with importing a set of palettes I have created for my work colleagues.

They seem to work on my machine when I drag and drop them from my palette into the drawing, but when I have imported them on another machine I cannot drag and drop them in the work space(model or layout space) (get a circle with a line going through it?)

Any ideas chaps?

Andrew R

ccowgill
2008-10-09, 01:57 PM
I am having problems with importing a set of palettes I have created for my work colleagues.

They seem to work on my machine when I drag and drop them from my palette into the drawing, but when I have imported them on another machine I cannot drag and drop them in the work space(model or layout space) (get a circle with a line going through it?)

Any ideas chaps?

Andrew R
If the tools on the palette are attached to a drawing that is stored on your harddrive, the palette will not function on other peoples computers unless they have the attached drawing in the same path. If you right click on a tool and select properties, you will see what drawing AutoCAD is pulling the information for the tool from. My guess is, it is a local path, not a network path.

mrakarees
2008-10-09, 02:36 PM
Cheers,

The source files of my blocks need to be placed on my works C:/ drive, and just discovered that they were sourced from my desktop - therefore any other machine the palettes have been imported on wouldnt work.