PDA

View Full Version : Walls Showing through Roof in Axon View

lhanyok
2008-10-08, 01:05 PM
A user has several 3D views of a project. In one particular axon view, walls (that are attached to the roof) are showing through the roof. I believe I recall reading that sometimes when two elements are touching, they show through each other, but that was a couple years ago.

It wouldn't be a problem if it only showed up on screen that way, but it also prints that way. I can't hide the walls, because the run the entire height of the building, and I can't use the Linework tool becase Revit doesn't recognize it as an edge.

Has anyone ever run into this before, and have you found a solution?

SCShell
2008-10-08, 02:41 PM
Hey there,
Sometimes, simply joining geometry corrects this. But, most of the time, I have just cut a "temporary section" and use the attach tool to "re-attach" to the bottom of structure. I just move the section along the building to see all of the various walls quickly.

Good luck
Steve

kreed
2008-10-08, 05:05 PM
We've seen this as well. Usuall in R2009. Read on another thread that there are some issues with 3D View graphics showing up as wireframe or with elements looking like this. A-desk said it was a bug that they were working on, if you haven't installed the latest service pack - try that.

If that doesn't work, then we're all in the same boat.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-08, 05:32 PM
We've seen this as well. Usuall in R2009. Read on another thread that there are some issues with 3D View graphics showing up as wireframe or with elements looking like this. A-desk said it was a bug that they were working on, if you haven't installed the latest service pack - try that.

If that doesn't work, then we're all in the same boat.

I know what you mean. This bug you are talking about is already fixed in the latest service pack. And I don't think the problem the OP is having is related to that bug either.

Andre Carvalho