PDA

View Full Version : linking a word document to a sheet or view

ntnik
2008-10-08, 06:22 PM
searched old posts and couldn't find much....just curious, i have a job and if i could include a couple of page spec. on the sheet i could get it all done on one sheet......any ideas??

Munkholm
2008-10-08, 07:46 PM
One option is to: Copy all of the texk in the word document - create a new legend - paste the text into the legend - drag the legend onto your sheet.

I´m sure you can´t actually import the word file itself.

Scott Womack
2008-10-09, 05:22 PM
I´m sure you can´t actually import the word file itself.

Correct. Another option is to use the OLE to get the Word doc in AutoCAD, then link the AutoCAD into Revit. That way, if the Word file changes, it can be updated in the AutoCAD, and then the AutoCAD will update in Revit.

KGC
2008-10-09, 11:57 PM
That doesnt work for me.

I have always gotten the,

"Some elements were lost during import......"

JH75
2008-10-10, 01:07 AM
One of the modules in the Extensions for Revit allows you to import word doc's.
It is called Text Generator.

Jonas

KGC
2008-10-10, 01:42 PM
i dont think that was part of the firs set of extensions, and i havent downloaded the new set yet, its on my list of things to do.

Thanks,

SCShell
2008-10-10, 02:20 PM
Hey there,
You don't have to set up a legend either.
Simply copy your word document, go back to Project and select Text. Once you get the prompt to type, you can hit "paste" and the entire document will appear (in whatever text you were going to type in Revit)
or....after selecting to do Text, rather than just hitting "paste", do a text box so that you define the margins left and right, then select "paste".

Just another way.
Good luck
Steve