PDA

View Full Version : CMU Wall hatch problem

Tom Weir
2004-09-29, 05:49 PM
Hi all,
The CMU wall hatch appears toned on my plots. You can hardly see it. I am using the diagonal cut pattern and the color is set to black. It looks black on screen.
Anybody have any idea if there is a way to control this, or what might be happening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and have a great day....

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

studio3p
2004-09-29, 06:19 PM
It sounds like a printing issue. Have you tried printing/plotting to another device to see if you get similar results? I have encountered a similar issue when I print fine lines to laser devices, but when I print to inkjet devices it comes out properly.

Tom Weir
2004-09-29, 08:01 PM
Joseph,
I am using a Xerox 8830. When I plot the 12" cmu wall at a 1/4" scale the line appears solid and black. At 1/8" scale it is barely visible and the hatch lines look almost dotted. At a 1/16" scale they are barely visible.

I plotted to my small printer and at an 1/8" it looks better but is starting to fade. At 1/16" scale it's disappearing again.

HHHMMMM?!?!?!

Thanks for you help.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Scott_Bloss
2004-09-29, 08:30 PM
I would take a look at the line weight settings to see what difference thickness is for specific scales. If that does work throw that 8830 out the window! We just changed from an 8830 to a xerox 6050 wide format, much better results. It took us a fair amount of time to get it straightened out with the 8830 and really did not get the results we wanted. Good Luck!

beegee
2004-09-29, 09:03 PM
Tom,

There are no graphic overrides for phases are there ?

Hi all,
The CMU wall hatch appears toned on my plots. You can hardly see it. I am using the diagonal cut pattern and the color is set to black. It looks black on screen.
Anybody have any idea if there is a way to control this, or what might be happening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and have a great day....

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Tom Weir
2004-09-29, 09:35 PM
No phasing overrides are set.

Actually, I think I discovered what's happening... My penweights are not adjusted properly. I guessed that the hatch pattern was being plotted using pen number one. My number one pen is on the default: .003. Once I increased the width of the hatch pattern to .005 it started printing correctly.

Thanks for the help.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles