PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Wblock file template

ccaron
2008-10-09, 05:42 PM
I would like to control the default setting in the destination file of the Wblock command. Specifically the Annotation Plot Size setting and the Layering standards (exclusive to ADT)

Background
Using ADT 2007 occasionally we have to wblock our files to remove corruption. Sometime there are many files. Anyway once you open the newly created file certain setting are defaulted to something other that our standards.

All help is appreciated.

RobertB
2008-10-09, 08:35 PM
There is no such thing as a WBlock template.

WBlocking to clean up errors ought to be the absolute, last option (but you know that).

I would suggest starting a new drawing based on your normal template and inserting the "last resort" file.

gfreddog
2008-10-09, 08:43 PM
There is no such thing as a WBlock template.

WBlocking to clean up errors ought to be the absolute, last option (but you know that).

I would suggest starting a new drawing based on your normal template and inserting the "last resort" file.

We basically do the same thing.

Robert B helped me with a LISP that inserts our layers, text styles, dim styles, etc. in to the drawing you are working on. So once you create a block file or WBLOCK we open it, run the LISP and make sure everything is up to our standards and save to the library on the network.

Works pretty well for our needs.8)8)8)