PDA

View Full Version : revision cloud action

james.126519
2008-10-10, 01:39 PM
I have a recorded action that I use for revision clouding in our drawings. I do all of my revision clouds in paperspace, then use CHSPACE to transfer them to model.

there is one quirk with it that I can not understand, which is after the command is completed, AutoCAD zooms to some other area of the drawing. I can not determine why, because the last command in the recorded action is to assign a number to the attribute in the revision mark.

If anyone has any idea, please throw it my way. its not a huge deal, because after I run the command I just "Z" - enter- "P" -enter- to zoom to my previous location. but, it would be nice to drop that step.

I would like to attach the action, but the forum moderators have not changed the file extensions to allow ".actm" files to be uploaded.

Attached is a screen shot of the action sequence

jaberwok
2008-10-11, 09:32 PM
Not answering your question but could you add the zoom action to the recording?

james.126519
2008-10-12, 01:13 AM
Not answering your question but could you add the zoom action to the recording?

wow...why didn't I think of that....

thanks!

j_minola
2008-10-30, 08:04 PM
James. Your starting to get pretty advanced. What the heck. Slow down!! I was trying to stay with you but I see you are relentless. lol

tyler.kawahara356150
2009-03-03, 05:17 AM
Like Jaberwok, I'm going to perform a magic trick and solve your problem without answering your question. Now I will say the magic words:

ABRA-CADABRA... ZUM-ZIDDLEY-O
..Haveyouconsideredleavingthe-revcloudsinpaperspacewheretheybelong-O?

sam.121498
2009-03-13, 10:14 PM
No need to put in a zoom command at the end. In the action tree display, right click on the Macro name to rename it. Uncheck the two boxes under the 'Restore pre-playback view'. Then ok to save. Then jump up twice while rubbing your stomach in a clockwise direction and rubbing the top of your head in a counter-clockwise direction.

james.126519
2009-06-10, 12:15 PM
Like Jaberwok, I'm going to perform a magic trick and solve your problem without answering your question. Now I will say the magic words:

ABRA-CADABRA... ZUM-ZIDDLEY-O
..Haveyouconsideredleavingthe-revcloudsinpaperspacewheretheybelong-O?

I have not checked in for a while so this is a bit late....Can you please show me the official CAD rule book? It would save everyone so much time not having to point out the rules to me.