PDA

View Full Version : End join issues with profile-edited walls

patricks
2008-10-10, 06:23 PM
I have a wall up above a porch opening that is abutting the main wall of a building. The wall above the porch opening needs to extend over until it hits the roof.

I originally set the end of the wall at the face of the main wall, and changed the end to Disallow Join. Then I edited the profile of the wall so that part of the wall end would match my roof slope. After finishing the sketch, it's now trying to join the remaining vertical portion of the wall end to the main wall, even though it's set to disallow join.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

kathy71046
2008-10-13, 12:31 AM
You could try disallow join on the wall it's trying to join to as well.

The whole disallow thing doesn't seem to always work if only one of the abutting walls has disallow selected for some reason.

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-13, 12:37 AM
With editied profiles, i put reference planes everywhere that i need the sketch to go, and i make sure the sketch is tied to the reference places to eliminate things shifting slightly as they are for you.

While its not preferred, you can also drag the end of the wall entirely away from the adjoinging wall, then reconnect it ONLY with the edited profile, though i dont like doing things such as that...