PDA

View Full Version : How do you create a new user profile? Mine isn't working right.

dtamplen
2008-10-13, 03:07 PM
Howdy all.

We are using ACAD 2008. We've recently added some 3rd party software that requires setting up a user profile with specific paths etc. for each project that we are working on.

I can edit the current profile to work for a new project, but I can't create a new profile. I've tried "ADD TO LIST" and I've tried "EXPORT" and "IMPORT" from the options menu, but it doesn't work right - on my computer only. The other guys' machines work just fine. When I create a new profile, I loose all my toolbars and everything. My screen switches to look like a brand new AutoCAD load.

I've searched FORUMs but didn't see anything that sounded similar.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
David

irneb
2008-10-13, 03:59 PM
Have you got admin privileges on your PC? Or at least write access to the registry.

dtamplen
2008-10-13, 05:16 PM
Have you got admin privileges on your PC? Or at least write access to the registry.

Probably not. I will check with our system admin.

Gigliano70
2008-10-13, 09:35 PM
you have probably already thought of this but sometimes the easiest answer is the one that makes you feel the stupidest. so here goes.

have you tried to set the profile you imported as current? that one has made me curse a few times.
add to list your favorite profile then export and delete the one in the available profile list. now. import the one you saved and set it to current. it should now look like the setup you like. I don't know why it doesn't import as current.. probably for multiple users. this being said, if this doesn't work someone else will probably have a better solution.