PDA

View Full Version : Consultants use older version of Revit

mmiles
2008-10-13, 08:49 PM
So what happens when a consultant uses Revit, but they have an older version than the one our office uses? I have read that you cannot save down to an older version, but is there anything that can be done aside from telling the consultant they have to upgrade?

Scott D Davis
2008-10-13, 08:59 PM
Your firm can work in the older version. I suggest "recommending" they upgrade their versions.

BecFra
2008-10-13, 09:17 PM
Well you can upgrade their older verison to the newer verison you are using.

However you would probably have to export to autocad your drawings and they would have to bring them in that way.

All revit coordination would have to be done on your end.

mmiles
2008-10-13, 10:09 PM
We have created the Revit file and the design. The consultant wants our file for their use, but they have an older version of Revit. I am guessing they have little choice but to upgrade. The project is on RAC2008, so I suspect if they upgrade, we will be forced to upgrade this project to the most current, too (not a problem from a subscription p.o.v.).

hmm....thanks. Any other suggestions or tips are welcome.

Scott Womack
2008-10-14, 11:29 AM
We have created the Revit file and the design. The consultant wants our file for their use, but they have an older version of Revit. I am guessing they have little choice but to upgrade. The project is on RAC2008, so I suspect if they upgrade, we will be forced to upgrade this project to the most current, too (not a problem from a subscription p.o.v.).

hmm....thanks. Any other suggestions or tips are welcome.

You could try the IFC export, they could then try IFC import, but they will loose a lot of functionality. Best course is that they upgrade.

mthurnauer
2008-10-14, 05:54 PM
I would encourage them to upgrade and make sure they understand that by upgrading does not mean that they need to uninstall the older version of revit so they don't have to upgrade all of their projects.

dhurtubise
2008-10-14, 09:42 PM
If its for coordination you could use NavisWork or Solibri.