PDA

View Full Version : Raking Fasica

STHRevit
2008-10-14, 04:58 AM
Hi All,
I have a roof that is pitched at 2deg, single fall. when i try to put a fascia on this roof, all 4 faces, the corners do not mitre properly, due to two of the faces are raking, while the high and lower edges are effectively horizontal.

Is there any way to get these to join?

iankids
2008-10-14, 05:55 AM
Hi Andrew,
I don't believe (though willing to be corrected), that the non horizontal elements can be mitered to horizontal ones.

Just out of curiosity why would you look to mitre such a corner. Even at 2 deg pitch which is 40mm in a metre run, it would be a rather awkward cut for the chippie in any case. Most the carpenters I know would shoot me for such a cut.

Anyway, as I say idle curiosity.

Cheers,

Ian

Gadget Man
2008-10-14, 08:51 AM
Well, I don't know if that is what you have in mind (as an example) but this works for me every time (see pictures 1 and 2). That is - on the lower side of the roof...

On the higher side it doesn't want to join automatically (for some strange reason - see picture 3) so I either leave it unconnected (if I can get away with it) or if it is too obvious I add a tiny "slice" of a horizontal roof at the end of the main one. It only needs to be 5-10mm. Just to force Revit to create a bit of a horizontal fascia (see picture 4).

Hope it helps...

Mind you, I usually combine my fascia with profile of a gutter, since they rarely go separate... Or, in case of just a barge board, I use a "gable roll with barge board" together. That's why on the pictures shown you can see also the gutters... In any case they help to show what I was going to say...