PDA

View Full Version : Slab edge with varying brick-ledge depth? -- .jpg attached

John K.
2003-08-12, 05:01 PM
I have a slab with two brick-ledge conditions. [Please have a look at the attached .jpg] Mitring (spelling?) options not available when I select a slab profile. Can the two profiles be cleanly joined?

Thanks in advance.

JamesVan
2003-08-12, 07:48 PM
John,

How are you building these ledges? Floor-hosted sweeps, in-place families? A tad more info would be helpful.

John K.
2003-08-12, 07:56 PM
Wall sweep >> Slab edge

I created two distinct profiles. Actually the only difference is the depth of the brick ledge but they definitely won't 'play nice.' Far from a big deal -- I can mask it w/the linework tool -- but would like to know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks for the response. I can upload the profile families but they're pretty straightforward.

JamesVan
2003-08-12, 08:15 PM
I've done some testing and it does appear that the Floor Slab Edge sweeps will only miter if they are the same type. If they are different, they don't turn the corner. Perhaps this is a new wishlist item? There should be a tool like Edit Wall Joins for sweeps, don't you think?

PeterJ
2003-08-13, 08:18 AM
If you need to do more than mask with linework, i.e. if they are making a rendered view look awkward then this is the workaround.

Create a new wll hosted or generic family (or an in place family) that creates the interface between your two profiles, place it in the appropriate location and then use the shape handles on the sweeps to pull them back from the actual ends of the walls so that they align with your newly created family.

P

John K.
2003-08-13, 05:43 PM
Thanks to you both. Rendering/3d not an issue on this project but I can def. use generic blocks to plug the holes. In this case the desire is less graphical and more toward volume calc's for concrete. Will add the mitre option to the wishlist as well, though I'm sure its just an oversight.

"Onward through the fog"