PDA

View Full Version : Wall Wraps in Section and Detail View - Help

Devin_82
2008-10-14, 11:12 PM
I am struggling with the wall wraps function of the walls. I have been able to get it to show close enough to the correct graphicsin plan view by telling the wall to wrap at inserts, but I have been unable to get it to show correctly in section and detail view. I have tried adjusting detail level and and various override options and everything else I can think of but have been unable to effect any change. I am hoping someone out there has come accross the issue and found a solution. Best case... I just missed something easy. Attached is an example of what I'm refering to. Thanks.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-10-15, 05:47 AM
Wall wraps don't apply to wall tops and bottoms. Check out the Edit Cut Profile command. You can do a search in the Help file for an explanation of the tool.
If the help file isn't too clear feel free to post back.

Devin_82
2008-10-15, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I think this is going to be one of those situation where Revit is simply not going to do what I want it to do and I can live with that. Cut profile is somewhat of a work around it seems, and I am going to have to use the cut profile each time I cut a new section through a recessed window. Of course there is the distinct possibility that I'm missing something and not doing it right. It will work for now and hopefully some day they will realize that when you want a recessed window the material doesn't only wrap the sides but also the top and bottom of teh recess. I guess I could figure out another way to make a recessed window work. But hey, it's still less tedious more automated than ACAD.

I have attached a PDF of what I would like it to look like (in red). If you can think of anything else that might work I'm all ears.

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-10-16, 07:02 AM
I still believe that you can accomplish what you want with the cut prfile tool but you are right, you'll need to apply the fix every time you create a section.
Alternatives include a detail component as an overlay in the section view or a detail component of the head/sill condition nested into the window family and set to display only at fine resolution.

Devin_82
2008-10-16, 05:15 PM
Yeah, those are the two alternatives that I have been exploring in the mean time. I'm leaning toward the detail component at the moment mainly because I don't want to clog up the window family with extranious geometry. I also know that I will have multiple recessed conditions, Plaster, Masonry, Metal Siding, etc. For now I think it will be easier to go the detail component and call it a day.

Thanks for your help