PDA

View Full Version : Floor patterns

cadman6735
2008-10-15, 03:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Here is something that I can't figure out. (among many others things, but first...)

I have created a floor and I can see the outline but it won't show me the "hatch" or "fill" pattern in plan view but in a 3D I can see the pattern just fine.

Everything is on in "VG" for the floor and the surface pattern is on.

What else should I look for?

Thanks

cadman6735
2008-10-15, 05:05 PM
Ok, figured out the plan view

"VG" Floor override was turnd to hidden... this fixed my plan view "fill" patterns but now the darn thing wont' show in 3D, I feel I am goind circles.

any advise?

Thanks

Carlos GT
2008-10-15, 05:31 PM
Go to the 3d view, select the slab, rigth click, properties, edit/new, structure, and select the material for the floor (Concrete pre cast concrete), make sute the surface pattern is sand or concrete. click OK.

That should do it.

cadman6735
2008-10-15, 05:58 PM
No, that's not it... I have a pattern in my floor properites materal dialog box.

I am using a camara view not a 3D view.. not sure if this makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-15, 06:07 PM
Grab the crop region of the 3D view, and in the option bar click on the "View size" button. Make sure the button is checked for SCALE, and change the size to make the view larger. It may be that the camera view is too small, so the pattern wont show up as its too dense...

cadman6735
2008-10-15, 07:02 PM
I was unable to fix it thru the crop region but it was a scale issue...

I had imported this new pattern and had it scaled at 24 (I dont' know why but..) I modified it to 1 and it appears fine now...

Thank you for the advise, you fixed my problem..