PDA

View Full Version : Model Pattern Madness

leed
2008-10-15, 06:46 PM
I'm wanting to create a model pattern that contains small circles (not dots or small lines). I create it with hatchkit and it looks great in that program but is a giant disaster in Revit. At larger scale it looks fine in Revit, but once you reduce the scale the small lines that make up the representation of a circle go haywire. See images below. First is the correct large scale. The second is what happens when I reduce it. The third is zoomed in on the reduced scale. Any help on this?

mcloer
2008-10-15, 06:57 PM
Its acting like a drafting pattern...?

patricks
2008-10-15, 07:14 PM
Ahh so that's what's happening with a couple of our hatch patterns.

It probably has something to do with the curve resolution used by Revit, that is, the number and length of straight lines used to simulate curves.

leed
2008-10-15, 09:04 PM
I was under the impression Revit was able to depict 1/32" lines. These are within those guidelines.

Matt Brennan
2008-10-15, 09:24 PM
I just ran into this with a wood hatch of ours. In the end, I imported a dwg file into a blank revit file, partial exploded the acad file, renamed the new filled region, and then copied it to my project. At that this point, the imported acad hatch became a model pattern. Try it and see if this solves your hatch problem.

Jshaver
2008-10-15, 10:27 PM
You can skip the linked .dwg if you alike as well as avoiding the step of purging the junk that comes with exploding a .dwg if you create a new custom pattern and import directly from the AutoCad .pat files.