PDA

View Full Version : Material Take-offs Masses

tvorkoper
2008-10-16, 03:45 AM
I am trying to get a material take off for a concrete sloped floor (bottom of a pool). The easiest way I was able to create this was to create an in-place family: solid extrusion for the profile from elevation view. The problem is the material take off for AREA takes the length of the profile mulitplied by the thickness NOT the profile multiplied by the depth of the extrusion.

Sample of what I am trying to explain: In-place solid extrusion made from elevation view that is 10' long and 1' thick with the depth set to 50' (or whatever). Material take off gives AREA as 10 SF.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tom

aggockel50321
2008-10-16, 12:39 PM
Try this:

Start an in-place family for your sloped floor.

Once you place the sweep path sketch, add a dimension to it, and then add a shared lenght parameter to the sketch line dimension, i.e. Floor Length.

Next go to the profile view and sketch your profile. Add a dimension and a shared length parameter to it's length, i.e. Floor Width. Add another dimension and parameter to it's depth, i.e. Floor Thickness.

When you set up your floor schedule, you'll see the above parameters listed. Include them in your schedule.

Make up a calculated value for the Floor Area, = Floor Length*Floor Width.

You can then choose whether to hide or show the length parameters you included in your schedule.

tvorkoper
2008-10-16, 06:11 PM
Thanks. I wasnt sure how to get those parameters to show up in the take-off schedule. I will try it.

However, the second level of confusion is that my original pool is not a rectangle as seen from above. I 'cut' an angle out of the sloped floor with a void within my family. More length parameters to add to my calculated value?

Tom

aggockel50321
2008-10-17, 01:54 PM
Post a couple screen shots of what you're trying to accomplish.

There might be an easier way....