PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Floors - Set Floor Plan Views Same Place, Different Sheets

saeborne
2008-10-16, 02:22 PM
Hi All,

So here's the question...

I've got a 25 story building.
I've got 25 drawings sheets, one for each floor.

I want to place each floor plan view, on each sheet, so that everything aligns from sheet to sheet.

The floor plans are in the same place. The view titles are in the same place and the same length.

Is there a nifty trick to expedite this process?

--

Two things that I've tried:

1) In the titleblock family, create draw a series of guide lines, associated with a visibility on / off parameter. This works sort of well, but, the down side is, I can't snap the view elements to the titleblock elements. So I'm always zooming in and nudging a lot.

2) Created a separate sheet called "Guides" that holds a bunch of drafting lines. I open the "Guides" sheet, copy / paste the drafting lines. but the same problem holds true. There's a lot of zooming a nudging.

C'mon! I'm certain the revit geniuses on this forum can find a great work around!

aaronrumple
2008-10-16, 03:08 PM
Hi All,

Is there a nifty trick to expedite this process?

Much discussed. No nifty tricks available. Not worth the effort other than eyeball close.

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-16, 03:13 PM
There are a lot of ways to come close, but if someone higher up is obsessing that they be perfectly aligned, there isnt going to be a workaround the alleviates zooming and nudging.

Ive seen it done with the detail boxes youre talking about (thats what i use), scope boxes (wrong use of the tool), and plain old model lines in the model to align to (again, only works at a particular scale).

At the end of the day, i go with the detail boxes, and theyre close enough that its never been an issue.

Everytime i overlay drawings anyway, i pick a common set of grids and line those up, even with an automatic paper cutter i never just aling the edges of sheets and trust them, lol...

saeborne
2008-10-16, 03:54 PM
Much discussed. No nifty tricks available. Not worth the effort other than eyeball close.

Shucks... Thought there might be some way to re-map one view on a sheet to another view or something slick like that.

Thanks for the feedback.