PDA

View Full Version : General Notes Note Block/Schedule?!?

jhectorne
2008-10-16, 04:33 PM
RAC 2008

I have searched this site, as well as Autodesk Discussion Groups, Revit CIty and even Googled the topic, all to no avail. Not too long ago I created a schedule or maybe a note block that I could use for our general construction notes. The instructions, I think, included selecting something that was not in the model to use as the base of the schedule--but that's all I remember about the creation aspect. It was all text, and I was able to edit it like a regular schedule. I know I wrote down the procedure, but I don't know what I did with the paper. If anyone knows about this, please let me know, this is driving me completely nuts. Sorry if it has already been discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

patricks
2008-10-16, 04:52 PM
Sounds like you're wanting a Schedule Key. You can create a schedule key and just add rows as you like.

*edit Horn Lake eh? I'm from Southaven myself. What firm are you with?

jhectorne
2008-10-16, 06:49 PM
Thanks!

That was what I was sorta/kinda thinking. I could get as far as selecting the "Schedule keys" button, but from there... I read in another post about picking on the "new" button; I forgot I had to do that. Sometimes, there just aren't enough brain cells.

I work for a little residential design company, Advanced Home Designs in Memphis.

Thanks again for confirming the right direction for me.

Jim

ingokittel
2008-10-22, 12:11 AM
Hi Jim

I think you meant this AU session from T.J. Meehan

http://au.autodesk.com/sessions/detail/783/

Ingo