PDA

View Full Version : Label Shared Parameter

krista.manna
2008-10-16, 07:13 PM
In 2009 I created a shared parameter in a titleblock. I then decided I did not need this label anymore & deleted the shared parameter. However when I went back into my label options the parameter was still listed & there doesn't seem to be any way you can delete it.
Anyone run across this unfortunate error or am I missing something?

Thanks,
-K-

dgreen.49364
2008-10-16, 09:02 PM
Did you delete it from the Shared Parameters file? If not, from the File pulldown, select Shared Parameters and delete the one you to delete, remembering that it will no longer be available and any previous data related to it will be lost.

Gadget Man
2008-10-17, 11:03 AM
I have a similar situation - in some of my title block families I have shared parameters which are long gone from my shared parameters file. In fact, some of them are from an old file that doesn't exist for last four versions! Some are there when I never even created them myself and never use them. Yet, I am not able to get rid of them.

So, as an example (but there are several of them), I ended up with two parameters describing the same thing: "Designed by", "Designed By" as well as "Drawn By" and "Drawn by" (see picture) of which I can use only one of each.

Another thing is a "Checked By" parameter that I never used in my life, I never created, I don't want it and I still can't get rid of...

It's confusing enough to me, let alone an occasional co-worker.

This is another example of so many utterly annoying small glitches in what otherwise could be a brilliant program...

krista.manna
2008-10-17, 12:43 PM
The worst part about this is that there seems to be an icon grayed out where they intended to let you delete them but it doesn't ever work. So it's like they prepared for it but never entered the code.

Thanks,
-K-

eric.piotrowicz
2008-10-17, 12:56 PM
You aren't alone, the problem seems to be that there is a list of default parameters that Revit provides. Unfortunately I've found that you can add anything you want to that list but you can't subtract from it. Many of the default items are useful but its highly annoying when there is one that either just isn't used or is refered to differently at our firm. Perhaps with time they will open this up to us as they have with many other items thru the years.