PDA

View Full Version : Tough Question - Bind Image

johnshar123xx
2008-10-16, 09:06 PM
AutoCAD 2008

3.) Does anyone know if there is a way to just bind a raster image into an autocad drawing, without having it show up in the xref manager?

RobertB
2008-10-16, 09:31 PM
It isn't really the XRef manager... it is the External References palette. Since images are an external reference, i.e. the drawing is "broken" when the image cannot be found, they do belong in there.

You can import a .wmf but not most other image formats.

Opie
2008-10-16, 09:39 PM
We have a wish for this one (http://www.augi.com/autocad/results.asp?cycle=ACAD003), too.

jaberwok
2008-10-16, 09:50 PM
AutoCAD doesn't understand raster formats - it doesn't need to.
It creates a box and allows an image to be placed in it.

Railrose
2008-10-17, 02:31 PM
If you have Raster Design, you can embed an image into the drawing. Otherwise, there isn't an option that I know of.

CADKitty
2008-10-17, 05:03 PM
AutoCAD 2008

3.) Does anyone know if there is a way to just bind a raster image into an autocad drawing, without having it show up in the xref manager?
Easy answer - no. Raster images have never been able to be bound like xrefs can be.

Why are you trying to/what are you trying to accomplish?

smooth shoes
2008-10-17, 07:44 PM
Easy answer - no. Raster images have never been able to be bound like xrefs can be.

Why are you trying to/what are you trying to accomplish?

Sounds like he's taking a test judging from the other questions he's asked...

scott.wilcox
2008-10-21, 03:52 PM
[quote=CADKitty;901208]Easy answer - no. Raster images have never been able to be bound like xrefs can be.[quote]

I think GIFIN and TIFIN in R10, R11 did actually bind images, but I recall it to be horrendously slow.

jaberwok
2008-10-22, 08:57 PM
[quote=CADKitty;901208]Easy answer - no. Raster images have never been able to be bound like xrefs can be.[quote]

I think GIFIN and TIFIN in R10, R11 did actually bind images, but I recall it to be horrendously slow.

I think Windows use of "helper" applications made acad image translation redundant.

Richard.Kent
2008-10-22, 10:42 PM
You can embed an image like a jpg into autocad, open a program like paint, open the jpg, edit>select all, edit>copy, go into autocad, paste. List jpg and it reports as OLE, embedded. The external references palette will not list the image.

The VLG
2008-10-23, 11:45 AM
You can embed an image like a jpg into autocad, open a program like paint, open the jpg, edit>select all, edit>copy, go into autocad, paste. List jpg and it reports as OLE, embedded. The external references palette will not list the image.
Insert > OLE Object, just make sure yer plotting settings are updated to provide a quality plot on the OLE

tedg
2008-11-06, 07:11 PM
Insert > OLE Object, just make sure yer plotting settings are updated to provide a quality plot on the OLE
This is a useful thread, it helped with a question I was asked.
I couldn't get this suggestion to work.
No matter what I had checked off or how I did it, the image didn't come in, only a white box with the name of the file written in it.

:banghead:

(just sayin')