PDA

View Full Version : Some items are invisible, but they print

patricks
2008-10-17, 04:27 PM
We have a project with the RCP having all the lights and HVAC diffusers and return air grilles in place according to the consultants' layouts.

The problem is that one single room with its ceiling will not show the HVAC items. If you hover over them, you can select them and move them. When we print, those objects show up just fine. But it's just that one room with the problem. It's not a view range problem, because the ceiling itself shows up, as do the lights, and we can still select those HVAC items. In all other rooms and all other ceilings, everything shows up fine.

Even if I place a new HVAC diffuser in that ceiling, it disappears, but I can still select it and move it around.

Any ideas?

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-17, 05:31 PM
Are they DWG imports in the family that are temporarily hidden or otherwise turned off in VG? That just nipped me in the behind yesterday, LOL.

I have seen things in 2009 be completely hidden on the sheet/view, and still plot fine. It was a big issue with By Linked View in elevations/sections. Entire linked models would disappear when set to By Linked View, but they would still plot perfectly. I never did figure it out...

patricks
2008-10-17, 05:46 PM
Are they DWG imports in the family that are temporarily hidden or otherwise turned off in VG? That just nipped me in the behind yesterday, LOL.

I have seen things in 2009 be completely hidden on the sheet/view, and still plot fine. It was a big issue with By Linked View in elevations/sections. Entire linked models would disappear when set to By Linked View, but they would still plot perfectly. I never did figure it out...

It couldn't be something turned off, because they still appear when I hover the mouse over them, and I can still select and move them.

Also it's only the HVAC items in one particular ceiling. Everywhere else it's fine.

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-17, 05:49 PM
If its not than its not, but if it was a DWG imported in the family, you WOULD still be able to select it. The DWG would be invisible, but the family wouldnt.

But if it prints fine, try recreating the view again?