PDA

View Full Version : trying to load a revision cloud into a sheet...

ntnik
2008-10-17, 05:09 PM
doesn't let me ( "Can't create this kind of element in this view in the current mode.")

never done them before but need to issue a few sheets quickly, read the tutorials, have the clouds down and changed title block to accommodate revision tag

patricks
2008-10-17, 05:49 PM
I don't get it. I just click on the Revision Cloud tool under the drafting bar to create a cloud. Doesn't matter if I'm in a view or on a sheet, it creates them just the same.

ntnik
2008-10-17, 06:41 PM
i meant into a "sheet" as apposed to a "view"....view seems to work fine...i was trying to get the little triangle revision tag onto a sheet and and didn't let me , so i just put in a line of text "revision" and the date....i have drawn all of my most recent revisions clouds on my plans and tagged them (they tagged "1" just like i suspected) and needed....the way this job is going i will inevitably have another (at least)....how will i be able to change the next round of revision bubbles to "2"?....it doesn't seem to let me in the properties box of the bubble

patricks
2008-10-17, 06:47 PM
Are you using the Tag function for your revision clouds?

I just drew a revision cloud in a view, and then drew another one on the sheet right next to the view with the cloud. I was able to tag both of them just fine (tag one in the view, tag the other one in the sheet).

It works for me no matter if my revisions are set to By Project or By Sheet.

Scott Womack
2008-10-18, 03:35 PM
d.... need to issue a few sheets quickly, read the tutorials, have the clouds down and changed title block to accommodate revision tag

If you are using 2009, select the sheet in the browser, and then right-click properties, and scroll down there will be a Revisions on Sheet button. This allows you to list a revision on a sheet without a cloud, or revision tag.