PDA

View Full Version : Spot elevations snap to certain points?

patricks
2008-10-17, 06:07 PM
Why is it that spot elevations on a toposurface will sometimes snap to a particular point (with a small cross showing when that happens), but other times it does not? I have hundreds of elevations on my toposurface all around sidewalks, curbs, etc., yet I encounter these "snapping" points seemingly at random. It's very annoying when a spot elevation anywhere within 12" or so of that point will ONLY snap to that point and nothing else. When I'm trying to indicate top and bottoms of curbs (points very close together) this really gets problematic.

As an example, I have a curb going around a peninsula along a row of parking. I have a total of 12 points in the toposurface around that end (3 points for each curve, with a set for the top of the curb and another set for the bottom of curb). But only 1 point out of all 12 has that snap problem. I would prefer none of them did that.

Anyone encounter this? If I try to "nudge" a spot dimension w/ the arrow keys, and it gets within the "snap" boundary, it jumps to that snap point and I cannot move it away with the arrow keys. So annoying!

patricks
2008-10-17, 06:43 PM
Actually, I would rather my spot elevations either don't snap to anything on the toposurface, or I would like them to snap to ALL points in the toposurface.

If it would snap to all points, then I could just place the points where I needed a spot elevation. But since it only snaps to certain random points, it makes it difficult when I need 2 separate spot elevations less than 6 inches apart.

patricks
2009-01-08, 02:11 PM
Has anyone else experienced this? I have probably 15 points along a particular sidewalk, and one of those points attracts a spot elevation to snap to it. I have an adjacent point that is 12" higher, but I can't place a spot there because of that one point that draws the spot to it.