PDA

View Full Version : Elevation parameter in some families

overcaffeined1745
2003-08-13, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to find a workaround for the problem that I was suffering regarding some components that appeared flying above the building when I put them in groups and inserted such groups in several levels. I suspect the cause is the "Elevation" instance parameter that such components have, because it's wrongly modified when you insert groups to different levels.

Now a not very important question:

Why do some families have an "Elevation" parameter, but not others? It seems that plumbing fixtures have it (but you see it only when you insert the component -- you can't see it from the Family Types dialog in the Family Editor.

And now, a VERY important question:

Can I delete such parameter from all my components? How?

Thank you!

Phil Read
2003-08-13, 11:59 AM
This seems to be happening if the elevation in the family is not "fixed". This is a hard wired parameter and can't be changed by the user. Best to email the families to Revit support (or to me) to have the instance parameter changed.

Hope this helps,

Phil Read
Autodesk Revit
phil.read@autodesk.com

Vincent Valentijn
2003-08-14, 07:26 AM
This is a common problem when using groups.. at least.. I've run into it lots of times before myself.
But.. do I get this right Phil? Is support going to adjust fixed parameters for us :lol: ?? You're going to be busy !! hehe ;) Get ready to receive half my library soon...