PDA

View Full Version : How do I hide footings in elevation view?

brotherofelijah
2008-10-17, 10:19 PM
If I draw footings on my Revit Model for Section views, how do I get the grade to show up in section and how do I make the footings disappear in Elevation view and show a heavy dark line for the grade line with everything else below it not visible?

Thanks in advance.

kathy71046
2008-10-18, 02:42 AM
Any category can be hidden, just select the footing, right click and select hide category in view. (or hide objects in view if you don't want to hide the whole category.

If you are happy with the objects you can and cannot see, then go to VG to set up any line or pattern overrides for your objects, until you are happy with that.

Save a view template from this view, and then you can apply the template to your other elevations.

You may need to draw a detail line for your grade line, unless you have an object along that line to thickn the linework on.

If you modify the breakline component (save as a seperate family), it will blot out everything on one side of it, and you could set the line thickness and shape to suit your needs.

Carlos GT
2008-10-18, 03:28 PM
To simulate the grade line you could create another level, like 12" or 16" below your finish floor, then select this new level, go to its properties - edit/new and in the symbol category select "none" and in the line pattern select "solid", also you could change the line weight from 1 to 4 or 5 depending how thick this grade line you want to make. Doing this, the new grade line will show in every single elevation or section.

Also remember that in order to hide foundation walls in elevations you can adjust the "crop region".

Good luck.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-18, 07:50 PM
If I draw footings on my Revit Model for Section views, how do I get the grade to show up in section and how do I make the footings disappear in Elevation view and show a heavy dark line for the grade line with everything else below it not visible?

Thanks in advance.

First, to see the grade you have to make sure you have a toposurface created (Site > Toposurface). You may also create a pad on the same Site menu to avoid the toposurface going into your building. Then in section Revit will show the grade with the heavy dark line and the earth hatch (by default). You can control how much the earth extends below your building by going to Settings > Site settings > change "Elevation of poche base".

Regarding the elevation is very similar. Just make sure you elevation line is actually "cutting" the toposurface. In a plan view where you can see the extents of your toposurface, select the arrow of the elevation tag. You will see a blue line showing where the elevation view should start. Move that line to make sure it intersects the toposurface. Dong this, you will be able to see in elevation, the same heavy line for the grade as you see in section. However, you will also see the earth pattern. To get rid of it, select the toposurface in elevation > right click > Override graphics in view > by element > Surface patterns > uncheck "Visible".

You will have the results you want.

Andre Carvalho

Joef
2008-10-18, 10:43 PM
If you do not have a topo to work with you can draw a masking region that represents the topo in elevation view. Make the top line heavy and the other lines invisible. You can use the hidden line tool to make the footings dashed in elevation if you wish.