PDA

View Full Version : Curved Wall Profile

chuh
2008-10-18, 12:08 AM
I am trying to generate a curved wall that has an angled top profile to be used in a staircase. I used a blended sweep in order to create the curved wall and it worked just fine with one caveat. The problem is that the walls at each end of the curve don't angle correctly with the curved wall since the treads are shorter around the curve. This makes it so that the profile on the curved section is angled more than on its straight wall counterparts.

I thought to create a blended sweep of the entire wall section, but RA won't allow a multiple section path in a blended sweep. I thought that I might make a spline but I couldn't force the spline to match my linework. I also thought that I could create the mass in ACAD, but that has no blended sweep option.

Of note, I added a railing to the staircase and it matched the rising treads just fine, even around the corner. Would making a 'wall railing' that was just a tall rectangle and offset to the outside of the stairs be an option? I just don't know how I could get the bottom profile to be flat then as it would follow the hosted stairs.

Thanks in advance.

jeffh
2008-10-18, 12:38 AM
You can try this solution. Perhaps it will help resolve the issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3822646&linkID=9243099