PDA

View Full Version : Understanding wall wraps...help :)

still.james
2008-10-20, 10:51 AM
hi

im doing some refurb drawings and we have various wall constructions and im getting stuck on wraps.

what im after is only wrapping one end of the wall and closing the cavity with the block (at the end of wall, not at an opening)

can this be done, or any tips on how you deal with wall wraps.

Scott Womack
2008-10-20, 07:19 PM
hi

im doing some refurb drawings and we have various wall constructions and im getting stuck on wraps.

what im after is only wrapping one end of the wall and closing the cavity with the block (at the end of wall, not at an opening)

can this be done, or any tips on how you deal with wall wraps.

James,

I think you need to post some sort of image for the potential condition you are trying to get.

Wall Wraps when set to "end", potentially affect both ends of the wall. You cannot set it so the Left end cleans up, and the right does not. If the wall is cleaning up with another wall, that over-rides the End wraps condition setting.

dlpdi5b
2008-10-22, 01:12 AM
This may or may not apply to your situation, but if you have a T intersection of walls and you don't want them to clean up; pull one wall back from the intersection, and while that wall is selected you can right click and choose "disallow join".

ws
2008-10-22, 09:35 PM
I've had fun with this doing similar-sounding projects.

Where there are different end wraps I would usually try splitting the wall and duplicating one end and adjust the wrap settings.

While on the subject, Revit is actually reasonably good at doing cavity wall returns, once you get the hang of how it works. Playing around with the 'Edit Wall Joins' sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't and this tip from David Light on short wall lengths clean-up I also found helpful:
http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-staggered-wall-it-not-cleaning-up.html

For multi-layer walls (I often use stone-faced cavity walls) it is sometimes useful to edit the wall layers in the wall properties to wrap more than just the finish layer by moving layers up or down and checking or unchecking the 'wraps' option therein.

Hope that makes sense.