PDA

View Full Version : View Title - Multiple Extension Lines

jkady
2008-10-20, 09:15 PM
Hello,

As the subject line suggests, I have a question about view titles.
I want to know if it is possible to customize the extension line. By default, Revit has the extension line between the title and scale labels. This is fine, but is there any way to add extension lines above and below the labels?
I have attached a file to give you an idea of what I mean. (The file is rotated 90* for some reason...it should read horizontally)

Thanks in advance!
JK

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-20, 09:20 PM
You can try editing the view title family and add the lines you want. Go to the project browser, Families, Annotation families, view title. Right click and edit the family.

Andre Carvalho

jkady
2008-10-21, 01:14 PM
I tried doing this - and it works well if we want those lines to be static graphic elements. But I attempted to add an instance parameter to adjust the length of these lines and when I loaded it into a project I could not find the paramter.
My thoughts on this were to create an instance parameter to control the length, so that we could control the length of these lines to match the length of the extension line.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

azmz3
2008-10-21, 03:15 PM
Here is a View title that we use, I added an instance parameter for the extension line to be parametric, even though right now, it is moving in the wrong direction, it does work in the family editor and once loaded in the project. I uploaded the Revit file so you can look and manipulate it to the style your office uses.