PDA

View Full Version : Monolithic Curved Stair

Jun Austria
2008-10-22, 01:09 AM
I'm a bit confuse on whats happening here. But I cant seem to put my finger on it. But I manage to work it out by creating a floor via Solid sweep.

Going back to Stair command, where am I going wrong?

Image 1 Sketch of Monolithic Stair in Plan
Image 2 Finished stair with the "cutting symbol"
Image 3 Some kind of void instance is cutting away a lot of portion of the stair

This only happen if tha stair is curved in plan.
Any idea why is this happening?

dbaldacchino
2008-10-22, 04:19 AM
I sure have an idea because I ran into this several times...stairs are broken! This happens also in L configurations, although one can manage to fix it by tweaking certian settings such as the underside of Winder being set to Stepped instead. For what you're trying to do, I would abandon the monolithic stair. You can approximate by using thick threads or just like you did, create it from solid geometry and move on. I meant to file this SR a while back but I'm slowly beginning to give up on filing these. I'm literally exhausted :( I hope someone can post with a solution to make this stair work and make my day!

Jun Austria
2008-10-22, 05:17 AM
If anybody here still using RA2008, please confirm. Because I dont remember encountering this problem in RA2008.

bbeck
2008-10-22, 04:46 PM
I've had this exact same thing happen. I finally gave up and used an in-place family.