PDA

View Full Version : special labels

sturner
2008-10-22, 12:24 PM
i did a quick search and did not find anything relating to my problem so here it is!!
i need to have the labels for H.P., L.P., VC at the bottom of the profile view. i have yet to figure this out, yes a band will give me the sta and elev but i need additional text in the label spacific to what is being labeled. any and all help is appreciated!
-Sean

BTW this is with C3D2009 (got to update the sig :Oops:)

gandocadguy
2008-10-22, 02:34 PM
In the reference text for your label you simply add before the field what you want it to say. Would look like this:

HP STA=<[High Point Station(Um|FS|P3|RN|AP|Sn|TP|B3|EN|W0|OF)]>

Of course the <[....}> portion is the label. The rest is normal text.

sturner
2008-10-23, 12:01 PM
thanks for the response, i have attached a picture showing what i am looking for.
i want to have the labels at the bottom of the profile view that reference the profile above. i can make them display anything i want it is getting them to stick or attach to the bottom of the profile view that is my problem.
thanks

gandocadguy
2008-10-23, 12:36 PM
Are they in a data band? Or profile view lables?

sturner
2008-10-23, 02:04 PM
they are located under profile --> label styles ---> curve.
the image is what i want the labels to look like.

gandocadguy
2008-10-23, 02:15 PM
they are located under profile --> label styles ---> curve.

Curve is your custom style correct? I think you'll need to make the style into a data band as opposed to a label.

sturner
2008-10-23, 05:18 PM
i tried that before maybe i did not use the correct band set.

gandocadguy
2008-10-23, 05:50 PM
you would have to make a band set for it.

sturner
2008-10-23, 06:03 PM
RIGHT but the options to attach the text to the vertical curve HP, LP etc are not available in the bands for vertical geometry or profile data. i can get what i need with the curve label style (see attached for clairification) but it needs to attach to the bottom of the profile.

brian.hailey933139
2008-10-26, 10:00 PM
It looks like you want a vertical line going from the bottom of the profile view to the location on the profile you are labeling. You'll need a curve label style set up with different components for each piece you want to label. Basically, the label will have a line component going from the dimension line to the anchor point and a text component attached to the line. The key is to set the label set to have the "dim anchor opt" set to Graph View Bottom.

sturner
2008-10-28, 03:39 PM
The key is to set the label set to have the "dim anchor opt" set to Graph View Bottom.

YES!! THANK YOU!!!:mrgreen: