PDA

View Full Version : Baluster problem

Carlos GT
2008-10-22, 08:08 PM
I created a baluster family very simple, but I could not get it to work, I do not know if I am missing something. What I want to do is replace this baluster in the default revit baluster family space 6" o.c. See attached family.

Just in case I use Revit 2008.

Thanks.

Norton_cad
2008-10-23, 12:01 AM
Have a look at this thread...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=89130

dbaldacchino
2008-10-23, 04:57 AM
What exactly isn't working? One thing I noticed is that when you flex the baluster height, the top doesn't move correctly. That extrusion's workplane is set to ref. level and then you have a large Start and End offset. You need to correct that. Start by giving a name to the ref. plane that is 4" below the Top ref. plane. You need to use this ref. plane as your extrusion workplane. Now select the extrusion and on the Options Bar, click on Edit Work Plane... and select the newly named workplane. In the properties for the extrusion, you will end up with a big End offset (3'+). Set this to like 10" or so. Now flex the baluster height and it should behave correctly.

Carlos GT
2008-10-23, 01:58 PM
What exactly isn't working? One thing I noticed is that when you flex the baluster height, the top doesn't move correctly. That extrusion's workplane is set to ref. level and then you have a large Start and End offset. You need to correct that. Start by giving a name to the ref. plane that is 4" below the Top ref. plane. You need to use this ref. plane as your extrusion workplane. Now select the extrusion and on the Options Bar, click on Edit Work Plane... and select the newly named workplane. In the properties for the extrusion, you will end up with a big End offset (3'+). Set this to like 10" or so. Now flex the baluster height and it should behave correctly.

I did that, still does not work. What am I missing?

dbaldacchino
2008-10-24, 03:14 PM
Can you explain what "doesn't work" means for you? Maybe a screenshot of the problem? I'm not seeing the problem. It's flexing fine when I change the baluster height.