PDA

View Full Version : Family does not load

ricardo.o.maciel
2008-10-22, 10:01 PM
I was not able to load the attached curtain panel family into a project (i tried a few).
What is wrong here?

j_starko
2008-10-22, 10:12 PM
I suspect it has something to do with how the array of curtains is set up.

in the family, I undgrouped them, and then it allowed me to import them

unfortuneatly by doing so it renders modifying the family thru properties useless.

i've had troubles with making other families that involved an array . Havn't figured out a solution yet.

ricardo.o.maciel
2008-10-22, 10:44 PM
Yes, it has to do with how arrays behave in Revit families... Unfortunately the whole point of the family is parametrization. Steve Stafford designed a nice curtain panel family from which i (tried to) derived it.

dbaldacchino
2008-10-23, 05:08 AM
I'm stumped at how your family category is set to Specialty Equipment, yet when I load it into a project, it recognizes it as a Curtain Panel! I think this has something to do with the problem. I would rebuild it using another family template. And keep in mind that "Curtain Panel" family doesn't mean fabric curtain ;)

rrothwel
2008-10-23, 04:03 PM
look at the project browser under families and curtain panels. My first time, I was frustrated looking in components and everyplace I would expect (simply) to show up. Maybe this does not help but I hope so. Once you drag from the browser it should be an option in the type selector.

ricardo.o.maciel
2008-10-27, 04:19 AM
Dave, amazing!!
I can´t figure how you came out with your tip. The fact is, it worked!

First, I just changed the family category in the Settings Menu to Generic Model, and still it wouldn´t load.

Then, I started from scratch the very same family using the Generic Model template -- and it worked marvelously! [misterious Revit] -- It follows attached.

Thank you! :D

Regarding the name Curtain Panel, i had inadvertently given it the same name as the curtain wall panel family, although never using families related to curtain walls. Just in case, I renamed the family 'Fabric Curtain'.

Ricardo