PDA

View Full Version : Door & Window Tags

azmz3
2008-10-22, 10:47 PM
We have our Door and window tags set up the way we would like them with our text style and such. The problem we are running into, is the tag can only be placed horizontal or vertical, is there a way we can actually rotate it to an angle, like 45 degrees, or match the element we are tagging. I dont see anything in the family editor that allows this to happen. any help would be appreciated.

clog boy
2008-10-23, 09:49 AM
We have our Door and window tags set up the way we would like them with our text style and such. The problem we are running into, is the tag can only be placed horizontal or vertical, is there a way we can actually rotate it to an angle, like 45 degrees, or match the element we are tagging. I dont see anything in the family editor that allows this to happen. any help would be appreciated.

You can rotate the label in Edit Family mode, if it's just one or two angles you need you can load several types. This is the easiest workaround I can come up with.

Scott Womack
2008-10-23, 01:51 PM

In Revit 2009, there is a third mode, Rotated that will follow the angle of a door for instance.

clog boy
2008-10-23, 02:09 PM
In Revit 2009, there is a third mode, Rotated that will follow the angle of a door for instance.

My first reaction was 'cool, I want that'. And subconsciously I knew it was there in 2009.
My second reaction: where can we find it? It doesn't show for me.

Scott Womack
2008-10-23, 02:18 PM
My first reaction was 'cool, I want that'. And subconsciously I knew it was there in 2009.
My second reaction: where can we find it? It doesn't show for me.

It is not an option when placing the tag. Place it, then select it again, and the Horiz-Vertical Drop-down will have a thrid option under it.

clog boy
2008-10-23, 02:22 PM
It is not an option when placing the tag. Place it, then select it again, and the Horiz-Vertical Drop-down will have a thrid option under it.

Not for me it hasn't

Scott Womack
2008-10-23, 02:27 PM
Not for me it hasn't

Not sure what is going on. 1) Are you using the latest build on Revit 2009 w/ WU2?

Is this an upgraded project?

Are the door and window tags more that 3 version old?

IS the wall of the door you are trying to tag, roatated to some other angle than 90, 180, 270, etc.?

clog boy
2008-10-23, 02:31 PM
Not sure what is going on. 1) Are you using the latest build on Revit 2009 w/ WU2?

Is this an upgraded project?

Are the door and window tags more that 3 version old?

IS the wall of the door you are trying to tag, roatated to some other angle than 90, 180, 270, etc.?

Wall isn't rotated. Only then it shows? Cool.

azmz3
2008-10-23, 03:17 PM
For the tags, when i go into family editor, and go to Settings>Family Category & Parameter, there is an option to rotate w/component, which looks something like Fig.#1. the doors and windows I am tagging are rotated at a 45 degree angle for the most part, I would think since the horizontal/vertical is a parameter, there should be some way to take that out, or modify that parameter to have a fully rotateable tag.

pshupe.159931
2010-06-04, 07:28 PM
Scott - I don't have that align to door option either - I am using REVIT 2010 with latest SPs.

Cheers Peter.