PDA

View Full Version : facing problem creating grid lines in revit

nihar.ranjan
2008-10-23, 11:54 AM
hi,

I am facing problem with the grid to maintain same label in both the sides as highlighted. please find the attached image.

please suggest if you have any solution.

regards,
nihar

Mike Sealander
2008-10-23, 12:02 PM
I think there is an unavoidable uniqueness to grid labels. We have worked around this by using an apostrophe (Grid A and Grid A') to distinguish left-hand A from right-hand A.

jcoe
2008-10-23, 12:36 PM
Rivit understands grid lines to be continuous planes and they must be uniquely named. To accomplish what is illustrated in your image you would need to use the "elbow" feature of the grid line and manipulate the grips. There is no way to get an exact angle and columns will not snap to the "elbow" portion of the grid line. It is not an elegent solution, but would accomplish what you are looking for.

The other option (I would recommend this) is to create grid line A using two separte grid lines. Keeping in mind that grid lines need to have unique names, I would use A on one side and A' on the other.

I have attached two images
the first one is using the elbows and the other is the one I would recommend.
Good Luck

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-23, 01:23 PM
Another couple of options for achieving the same result:

1. Linked Files with the grids in them. If you do this, you can have two grids that are "A" which will let you make both sides. (One in the main, one in the link, etc). But be advised: You wont be able to place columns by Grid intersection if you go this route.

2. Design options: But youd have to break up the views and would never be able to show both halves together without using two views.... I dont think id go this way.

Those options being said, i would go with A and A'. Its the safest option, and the easiest...