PDA

View Full Version : Wall Clean Up

bgrinnell
2008-10-23, 08:31 PM
Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to salve this wall clean up issue? I use to use ADT any they had a wall clean up radius that would salve this issue but I haven’t found anything like that in Revit. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks
Brian

Teresa.Martin
2008-10-23, 11:54 PM
Hi! You are correct. Revit does not have a wall clean up like adt because it is a little more automatic. However, for conditions like these sometimes pulling the end of one wall away and then slowly pulling it back will fix it. In this case, I pulled the upper, vertical wall away and then pulled it back to the corner. I tried this numerous times, and it worked.
I have uploaded a jpg for you to look at.
Best regards,

anthony.67953
2008-10-23, 11:57 PM
Click the edit wall join icon on the tool bar using butt join and it seems to work

nnguyen
2008-10-24, 12:12 AM
Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to salve this wall clean up issue? I use to use ADT any they had a wall clean up radius that would salve this issue but I haven’t found anything like that in Revit. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks
Brian

Okay, I have to admit that some wall joins and the wall join tool in Revit are very frustrating. There are certain things that can be done in order for wall joins to look the way we expect them to. I have re-attached the file you uploaded with steps that I took to solve your problem. I have found this way to work the best when there are walls that form a small square in a Revit model and the joins are just wacky.

Basically you have to choose some walls to "disallow" join at the ends of the walls, trim/extend the walls to the location that seem to make sense (typically to the the face of stud or the interior face of a finish), and then use the join geometry tool.

Hope this helps! and hopefully soon the Revit development team will take a look at this and find a better solution for assigning how walls join together.

Teresa.Martin
2008-10-24, 01:20 AM
Click the edit wall join icon on the tool bar using butt join and it seems to work

Yes, that works sometimes as well. It rather depends upon the situation. Revit is very direction oriented. Often it depends upon which item is drawn first and in what direction.

tomnewsom
2008-10-24, 08:43 AM
Couldn't you do that corner column with a Column object? The layers *should* wrap round properly

bgrinnell
2008-10-24, 12:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the help!